Happy Independents Week! No, we didn’t just misspell a word.
The American Independent Business Alliance
(AMIBA) and local, independent businesses across the country have declared July 1-7 to be Independents Week. This annual campaign recognizes the unique and powerful role local businesses have in shaping the future and character of their communities.
If you’ve ever visited our website
, read our Water Cooler Talk blog
, or spoken to one of our representatives, you know there is no bigger believer in the value of local, independent businesses than EZ Office Products. Here are five reasons to buy local from AMIBA:
- True Community. Local businesses and the public spaces around them are the ultimate social networking sites, where citizens build relationships that create more cohesive communities.
- Healthier Environment. Local businesses typically use less land, carry more locally-made products, and are closer to the people and communities they serve, resulting in less traffic and pollution.
- Lower Taxes. Independent businesses focused on serving their local communities generally place a smaller demand on roads and sewers and safety services than most chains. This generates more tax revenue per sales dollar and helps to keep taxes lower.
- Community Character. The reasons why local, independent businesses open their doors and stay in a particular place contribute to the one-of-a-kind personality of each community.
- Economic Vitality. Each dollar spent at a local business returns three times more money into the local economy than a national chain.
Local, independent businesses provide communities with choice, diversity, character and freedom. Doesn’t that sound like what our forefathers fought for nearly 240 years ago?
EZ Office Products is proud to join the American Independent Business Alliance, a non-profit organization helping communities build and sustain a thriving, independent business community, in celebrating Independents Week.
We encourage our fellow local, independently owned businesses to take advantage of the valuable resources provided by AMIBA for Independents Week
, including templates for proclamations, public service announcements and press releases, graphics, money stamps, and great ideas for activities, promotions and social media posts.
Feel free to share your ideas and success stories here!