Earth Day. It's a day where many businesses will have a gathering on the grounds outside their office building. The CEO will remove his or her designer shoes, put on a pair of designer work boots, and gently drive a shovel an inch into the ground to begin a tree planting ceremony.
Photos will be taken and sent to the local newspaper. Everyone will clap and smile before returning to the office. Then, someone else will quietly go outside and finish planting the tree.
We commend anyone who takes steps to preserve the environment, but EZ Office Products takes its commitment a bit further than that. Not only do we run an environmentally-conscious business ourselves, but we do everything possible to help other Dane County businesses do the same.Read More >>
- We pick up fluorescent light bulbs from our customers and properly dispose of them for recycling.
- We created the EZOP Triple R Bag – reduce, reuse, recycle – so our clients can safely store and return empty ink and toner. We’ll pick up the full bag and leave an empty one.
- We keep writing instruments out of landfills by encouraging Wisconsin to “upcycle” writing instruments, including pens, mechanical pencils and markers.
- We promote a green business community by selling eco-friendly office supplies and cleaning products.
- We buy local to support our business community and limit the transit time of the products we use in order to reduce auto emissions.
EZ Office Products is also proud to be an Mpower ChaMpion through the Mpower ChaMpion Business Program, the first program in South-Central Wisconsin that systematically ensures businesses go green effectively and efficiently.
We’ve pledged to reduce our carbon footprint by a minimum of 10%. Over the course of one year, EZ Office Products has participated in the ChaMpion program, moving from intention to implementation by reducing our use of energy, water, transportation and waste.
Sustain Dane administers the ChaMpion program in partnership with the U.S. EPA, The City of Madison, MG&E, Rapid Improvement Associates, Focus On Energy, Campos Comprehensive Engineering and others.
Our motivation isn’t to get our picture in the paper. We want to keep paper and plastic off of our streets and out of Wisconsin’s beautiful lakes, rivers and streams. We want the next generation of Dane County residents to inherit a cleaner, safer environment than we did.
At the end of the day, it’s just the right thing to do. We hope you’ll join us by going green.